The student news site of Frisco High School

Frisco HS News

Coffeehouse! 2017

Singing and Dancing the School Year To a Close

The FHS Choir and Theatre troupes come together for

The FHS Choir and Theatre troupes come together for "Coffeehouse!" on Tuesday, May 16th in the FHS Auditorium.

Staff photo

Staff photo

Caitlin Alvarez-Htut, Contributor

On Tuesday evening, May 16th, the Frisco High School Choir will hold their annual spring show, also known as “Coffeehouse!” Unlike most other concerts performed by the choir, “Coffeehouse!” contains a wide range of musical genres, dancing, soloists, duos, and small groups.

“Coffeehouse! is by far my favorite concert we do all year,” says senior Shelby Arnold. “A lot of us, at least the majority of kids in Chorale, are in Theatre and it’s nice to be able to merge the two.”

This year is also a little different in that all the dances were choreographed by students–mainly seniors Lauren Davidsen and Chris Bain. In past years, the Coffeehouse performers were choreographed by Jenna Hanks, a private choreographer, but she was unavailable this year. Her absence inadvertently provided students with a challenge they were willing to pursue.

“It’s been a really fun experience!” says senior Savini Jacob. “The choreography is pretty easy and it gives us an opportunity to work more closely with our peers.”

This year’s Coffeehouse! concert will feature a Broadway medley from “Aladdin,” “I’ll Make A Man Out of You,” from the Disney movie “Mulan,” and “Another Day of Sun,” from the new movie-musical, “La La Land.”  

Make sure you come see us on May 16th in the FHS auditorium! The show runs from 6:30-9:00 pm, with one 15-minute intermission. A pre-show will begin at 6:15. Admission is free! Where else can you get entertainment like this at such a bargain price?