The student news site of Frisco High School

Frisco HS News

Yes, I Cannes

Taylor Garrow Visits the South of France

Taylor Garrow prepares for a helicopter tour of Cannes, France.

Taylor Garrow, Author

Aerial view of the Promenade de la Croisette

This summer I had the opportunity to take a trip to Cannes, France, a resort town on the French Riviera. Cannes is most known for the Cannes Film Festival which has been around for 70 years and attracts major movie stars from all around the world. The film festival previews new movies of all different genres. During my lengthy stay in the sunny town of Cannes, I got to meet new and interesting people, experience different cultures, and eat great food. During my trip I took advantage of the fantastic shopping Cannes had to offer along with a street named Rue d’Antibes. Rue d’Antibes is a two-mile long scenic street with beautiful buildings lining the whole street. Along Rue d’Antibes there are hundreds of different outlets where there are a variety of different shops, cafes, and restaurants. 

Walking around and exploring in Cannes was what I spent a lot of my time doing, but one of my favorite places to walk along was the Promenade de la Croisette. The Promenade bends along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea is filled with runners, roller bladders, and casual walkers. There are much different public and private beaches to choose from on the Croisette. The private beaches can range from anywhere to $12 to $400 depending on what kind of bed you choose to stay on. The private beaches have a restaurant where you can choose to sit inside, on the patio, or on the beach. You can choose to pay for a half day or a full day depending on how much time you want to relax on the beach. Water sports are common on the beaches of a variety of different options, ranging from jet-skis to parasailing.

Cannes has many things to offer, and I’m glad that I got to take advantage of this trip to the French Riviera. Getting to meet new people, try new things, and make memories is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I hope that I will be able to go back to Cannes and experience it all over again.