The student news site of Frisco High School

Frisco HS News

Uniting As One

FHS Varsity Club Gets Underway for 2017-2018

Students gather at a spring Varsity Club meeting.

Maria Lawson

Founded in 2016, Varsity Club is the largest club at Frisco High School consisting of students in all varsity organizations. From football, Stars, theatre, soccer, band, tennis, and so on, all varsity members throughout the school are invited to be members of the club. The Varsity Club brings together all involved students to make one united group.

Varsity Club members are identified by gold pins on their letterman jackets. Each year that a student is on varsity, they receive a gold pin for their jacket, to represent their sport as well as the club as a whole.

In the club, a variety of events take place. This year, the club’s two main goals are to integrate all of the FHS varsity organizations and perform community service. Being the largest club in the school, there are many students able to contribute to accomplishing big tasks. Together, members will get the opportunity to attend social events, get their community service hours done, and host school-wide events.

Varsity Club has had a positive impact on the members as they have gotten to join and watch it grow. Senior Ashley Benson, an athletic trainer, said that she loves “that Varsity Club helps students get their community service hours done and can’t wait for this year.” Senior Avery Wujek, band member, said that she enjoys “seeing all of the different organizations join together and have fun.” Throughout the years, the bonds formed and things accomplished throughout the group are firm and long-lasting.

An event that is coming up hosted by the Varsity Club is the second annual homecoming tailgate. This tailgate will be held in the FHS parking lot immediately following the homecoming pep rally, and it will consist of music, food, and friends. The whole school is invited to come out and get excited about homecoming.

The first meeting of the year is scheduled for Thursday, September 14th in the competition gym. We will be discussing the Homecoming tailgate event, community service opportunities, social events, and t-shirts. We hope to see you there!