The student news site of Frisco High School

Frisco HS News

Coming Full Circle

Danny Barrentine Returns to FHS as Associate Principal

Maria Lawson, Contributor

Mr. Danny Barrentine is the new Associate Principal here at Frisco High School. He comes from a background in Frisco ISD, with his most recent position being the principal at Hunt Middle School. Barrentine has been in Frisco ISD since 2000 and is eager to begin another year. “I’ve come home to Frisco High School,” he said.  He spent several years at FHS as a teacher and a coach.

“The start of the school year has been a lot of fun, he said.  “I’ve enjoyed seeing familiar faces as well as meeting new people.” Coming from Hunt Middle School, an FHS feeder school, Barrentine gets to see many of his former students along with the hundreds of new faces.

As one can probably assume, working at a high school is different from working at the middle school level. “The biggest differences that I’ve noticed between middle school and high school,” said Barrentine, “are the maturity levels of the students and the freedom that they receive.” With older students, the environment is different with the way they carry themselves. A specific difference that Mr. Barrentine has noticed as a high school administrator is a number of lockers that need opening. To a middle schooler, a locker is a foreign concept, causing them to need assistance. That left Mr. Barrentine spending a lot of time opening lockers. He notices that high school students rarely have locker issues because most of them do not use them at all.

Mr. Barrentine is excited about this upcoming year. He is looking forward to Homecoming, Prom 2018, and all the senior events. “Frisco High School is more than just a school,” said Barrentine. “It’s like home, and I hope that students feel the same way.” Being an administrator here at Frisco High School has been a positive experience he looks forward to the days to come.