Frisco HS News

Fortnite Battle Royale

Epic Games

Epic Games

Hagen Gardiner, Contributor

It’s the game that you see on everyone’s Snapchat stories and the game that has dominated your Twitter feed. No, I’m not talking about Call of Duty WW2 or PUBG. I’m talking about “Fortnite.” The game released on July 25th, 2017, published by both Gearbox and Epic Games. “Fortnite” has taken over the time of many students within the past two months, bringing back those late nights of staying up until three in the morning with your squad (and forgetting about the homework you had due the next day).

For those of you who don’t know what “Fortnite” is, “Fortnite” is a 3rd person game where one hundred people are pitted against one another until a single victor emerges. There are weapons you can pick up during the game that will help you be able to defeat your opponents. You are also able to build using wood, brick or steel. Building in the game can either be used to defend yourself from others or used to move around the map easier. The more experienced you become in the game, the more you will come to realize how important being a good “builder” is. There is also a boundary, the storm, that forces players closer and closer to each other during the game making it almost impossible to create a fort that you can sit in the entire game. “Fortnite” allows for three different modes of play, Solo, Duo or Squad (up to four teammates including yourself).

There was a recent update that added more places for people to land on the game’s map. Some of the new locations on the map include Tilted Towers, Snobby Shores, Haunted Hills, and Junk Junction to name a few. Most people have enjoyed the new places to explore and fight. Senior Mitchell Houghtlin commented, “I felt like it added a different play style to the game, one that us true fans haven’t felt before.”

Because of the update, players have had the opportunity to explore the unknown terrain and learn how to use the new landscape to their advantage. “Fortnite” is still a relatively new game, which means that there will be new developments and changes yet to come. However, with its current popularity, there seems to be no end in sight for “Fortnite” anytime soon!

6 Comments

6 Responses to “Fortnite Battle Royale”

1. Mitchell Houghtlin on January 26th, 2018 12:49 pm

ok be honest how many victory royales do u have

[Reply]

2. Kendall Klemm on January 26th, 2018 12:51 pm

This is the best writing I have EVER read. This is literally what I now have fared in my office at home. It inspires me to pursue journalism.

[Reply]

3. Cody Izydor on January 26th, 2018 12:53 pm

6

[Reply]

4. Blake Wierwille on January 26th, 2018 12:55 pm

Very interesting article, but was very confused why hagen wrote this article when he doesn’t have a win.

[Reply]

5. Mitchell Houghtlin on January 26th, 2018 12:55 pm

u up?

[Reply]

6. Cody Izydor on January 26th, 2018 12:55 pm

Honestly, I was impressed of how enthusiastic Hagen Gardiner was when talking of “Fortnite”. I love how he informs the overall functional concept of “Fortnite”. I was able to take a moral out of the story; Hagen clearly does not have a solo W win…

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Fortnite Battle Royale

ENTERTAINMENT

The New Snapchat: Upgrade or Downgrade?

• Fortnite Battle Royale

ENTERTAINMENT

The Origin of the Winter Games

• Fortnite Battle Royale

A&E ARCHIVES

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters

• Fortnite Battle Royale

ENTERTAINMENT

It’s Almost Here: The Incredibles 2

• Fortnite Battle Royale

ENTERTAINMENT

What is a Food Hall?

• Fortnite Battle Royale

A&E

FHS Alumni Fights Off Zombies

• Fortnite Battle Royale

ENTERTAINMENT

A Mascot on a Weekend Weather Watch?

• Fortnite Battle Royale

A&E

AMC’s “The Walking Dead” Awakens

• Fortnite Battle Royale

ENTERTAINMENT

Texas Mums for Texas Girls

• Fortnite Battle Royale

A&E

A Song of Spikes: The Language of Thorns Book Review

The student news site of Frisco High School
Fortnite Battle Royale