Frisco HS News

The Musical Challenge

Some Instruments Are Harder to Play Than Others

A bassoon rests comfortably in its case in the FHS Band Hall.

Luis Arredondo

Luis Arredondo

2018-03-27

Follow us on Twitter! @raccoon_rambler

Luis Arredondo, Contributor

Music has been in the world for more than 55,000 years and it has changed ever since then.From Africa and then evolved to become a fundamental constituent of human life, Music has found ways to reach out to people.But Music couldn’t be made without the most important key to music, the instruments that make music happen in many different styles of rhythm, tempo, and harmony. Although the instrument makes a beautiful sound, it is quite the difficulty to learn how to play any of them at the same time relieve stress, make you smarter, and improves your social life. Therefore if learning an instrument can benefit this much what could be the hardest instrument to learn and play here at Frisco HS?

Music Students and Directors have a widely express their answers from ancient instruments to the modern age.” When it comes to the brass section the french horn is probably the most difficult because of the partials that come out when your face is in different configurations while trying to create a good sound and the other side of woodwinds the oboe and bassoon have been taught to be difficult because it requires a good ear to work the notes in tune with you face more than your fingers” Frisco HS Director of Bands, David Simon clarify based on his experience with brass and woodwinds instruments.” The Basson is the hardest instrument because for every note you want to play there is a different fingering and its the only instrument that does not require an embouchure ” Senior Alex Gann contributed towards the Basson being the hardest instrument in the band. Even though the band could probably have the hardest instruments but we couldn’t forget of our talented Orchestra. ” For me the hardest instrument to learn and play its the Violin, I spent many many years trying to get better and its a process where is not something where you wake up and go ok I am the best I will ever be, but you can always improve” Frisco HS Director of Orchestras Julie Daniels explained how the violin through ages have become the hardest instrument in Orchestras. Well, as you can see Music has become a part of our life that we love so much that we sacrifice years of practice and dedication to be able to make it happen even when it comes to playing the hardest instrument along playing hard music but at the end you know you are making beautiful sounds out of an Instrument but everything comes down to one question; What is hardest Instrument to learn and play for you ?