No Place To Go But Up

Raccoons Fall to Woodrow Wildcats by 3

Back to Article
Back to Article

No Place To Go But Up

FHS Tailback Aaron Taylor runs the ball for yardage.

Connor Smith

Connor Smith

Connor Smith

Eli Romo, Contributor

After last season’s 0-10 bust, the Frisco High School Varsity Football Team has been working hard at reversing the losing trend. All three teams returned to the indoor facility on June 18th for Strength and Conditioning camp for intense training.Now that all teams have been practicing hard for over eight weeks, the athletes and coaches feel confident about this season.

“We worked for it in the off-season,” said junior Blake May, “and you can see that it obviously was a physical and mental change.” The goal is to show a marked improvement over last year. “We all just want a better season,” Blake continued. “No one wants to go zero and ten again and that’s mainly the reason we are working harder and grinding so hopefully it pays off in our first district game.”

Head Coach Vance Gibson feels optimistic about this season. “This year’s varsity is more more mature and experienced,” said Gibson. “Our season last year left us with a bad taste in our mouths and the boys are striving for a better season.”

“The Varsity isn’t like last year,” said Senior Alan Cortez. “We’re more mature and and more driven from last year and we have way more players that are great athletes that we didn’t have last year. I think we have a better chance than we did last year.”

Update: After leading in the third quarter, the Raccoons eventually lost a close contest against the  Woodrow Wilson Wildcats 13 to 10 in their first district game of the 2018 season. There are nine more games to go. Make sure to go out and support the Raccoons this season.