Choir Prepares for September Concert

An Evening of Familiar Tunes

Back to Article
Back to Article

Choir Prepares for September Concert

Choir Director Tracy Bradstreet and the FHS Choir rehearse for upcoming concert.

Bea Trinidad

Bea Trinidad

Bea Trinidad

Bea Trinidad, Contributor

The Frisco High School Choir will present the first concert of the season on Tuesday, September 18th at 6:30 pm in the high school cafeteria. The musical theme will include favorite childhood tunes that most everyone will recall. 

“I really enjoy the songs we sing,” said sophomore Angelina D. “It is a great opportunity to perform.”  Angelina has met many new friends since joining choir. She looks forward to class every day. “I always feel at home in choir,” said Angelina. “It is so much fun to sing.” Like many choir members, she began singing along with the radio when she was much younger. “I’m not into instruments,” she said. “That’s for the people in band and orchestra. I’ve always wanted to do something different.”

Angelina has been in choir since sixth grade. “Each year keeps getting better,” she said. “There are always fun songs to sing and new friends to make. Being in choir is something you can cherish.” Angelina hopes to stay in choir all through high school.

Most choir students take the class out of a love for music. Sophomore Maggie T. is enthusiastic about the class. “Mrs. Bradstreet and the students are really super nice,” she said. “I come from a family of music.” 

Admission is only $5. Since this concert is also a fundraiser for the choir, a silent auction will begin at 6:00 pm. Students are looking forward to an entertaining evening of song and hope to see a large crowd.