Only the Beginning

Students Ponder Life After High School

Back to Article
Back to Article

Only the Beginning

Senior Kyzaiah Johnson poses for his senior picture

Aaron Levi

Aaron Levi

Aaron Levi

Michael Estle, Contributor

The last day to capture senior pictures was Wednesday, October 3rd.  It almost seems unreal that our four-year journey is coming to an end. As a senior, I felt an unbelievable rush of excitement mixed with disbelief and a little bit of sadness. To many seniors, including myself, school has not always been the most exciting part of the day.  As graduation comes closer and closer many seniors experience a roller coaster of emotions.

The senior picture is also a reminder to students that they will soon be making decisions on their own. “I’m looking forward to getting out of school,” said senior Grace DeHaven, “but I’m not looking forward to the new responsibilities that go along with it.”

Like many FHS seniors, varsity football cornerback Kyzaiah Johnson has attended Frisco High School all four years. “It feels crazy because time flies by and I feel like I was a freshman just last year,” said Kyzaiah. “When we throw our caps in the air at graduation, I sincerely wish the best for everyone in this 2019 graduating class.”

There are over three hundred and fifty seniors in the 2019 graduating class. Some plan to attend college; some plan to go to a vocational school; several plan to enlist in the armed services; and some plan to go to work. We all plan to take on the world one way or another.

Getting your senior photo taken is one of the final symbols of high school coming to a close. These four years have been the forefront to the beginning of many friendships, experiences, and memories that will last a lifetime.